Sports Podiatrist Gold Coast
What does a Sports Podiatrist do?
Our sports podiatrists specialise in helping people with sports injuries, especially foot and ankle. We help with everything from sprains to broken bones as well as injuries like ligament nerve damage. We also treat tendonitis, bursitis, and other conditions related to repetitive motion.
Sports podiatrists can help you with a variety of conditions including but not limited to:
- Athlete’s foot (tinea pedis)
- Ankle instability
- Flat Feet (Pronation)
- High Arched feet (Supination)
- Ingrown toenails
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sinus tarsi syndrome (heel pain)
- Stress fractures
Why you need a sports podiatrist
- Reducing pain caused by overuse injuries like shin splints, plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis
- Improving balance and stability in your foot, ankle, knees and hip joints
- Some people mention it gives them the feeling of having more power in your legs with every step you take
Orthotics are inserts that help to address specific biomechanical issues that may be present in the foot or lower leg, such as pronation or supination. They can be used in combination with pretty much any shoe you have, for enhanced performance and comfort during physical activity.
Orthotics are designed to support and align your feet, knees, hips, and back so that you can focus on what matters most—your performance. And if you’re an athlete or a sports person, orthotics can be especially helpful because they can help prevent injuries by supporting your joints while they’re under stress.