New Product Alert- Onyfix is at The Foot Stop!
We are SO excited to announce our very latest product to help treat ingrown and involuted nails!
Onyfix is a brand new, evidence-based product that aims to treat ingrown nails effectively and safely and is a pain free and non-invasive alternative to nail surgery for chronic ingrown toenails. It is also a treatment that can be used for other nail disorders, such as splitting or broken nails.
The principle for Onyfix is to bring the nail back to it’s natural shape over time using a composite nail brace, without causing pain and tension as the nail grows naturally.
- It is non-surgical, so requires no local anaesthetic and takes only minutes to apply.
- There are absolutely NO contraindications with this treatment, which means we can use this treatment on anyone from 1 year old to 101 years old. This also means it is suitable for people with other conditions such as diabetes or who are immunocompromised where surgery is generally not recommended.
- Onyfix is not restrictive for activities such as swimming or exercising and can still be worn with all types of footwear- and yes, you can still wear nail polish over Onyfix!
- This treatment can be added to any of our general care treatments in our clinic and even in the comfort of your own home with our home visit podiatry service.
- Depending on severity, it can also work well in conjunction with a nail surgery for optimal nail care.
- The entire process is pain free from start to finish
Onyfix is perfect for people who:
- Are contraindicated for nail surgery (age, pregnancy, breastfeeding, medications etc)
- Have co-morbidities such as diabetes, vascular disease, poor healing.
- Have a needle phobia
- React badly to local anaesthetic
- Have chronic involuted or ingrown nails
What are some of the Causes of Ingrown Nails?
- Incorrectly cut nail plate (corners of the nails cut down too far)
- Growth disorders (pincer nails)
- Genetic disposition
- Foot malformations
- Toes that are too long
- Hallux valgus- Bunions
- Toes that cross over each other
- Shoes that are too tight
- Shoes without much support
- Overloading the feet
- Severe sweat production
To learn more about ingrown nails, click here.
If you or someone you know has issues with painful ingrown or involuted nails, call The Foot Stop today and book an appointment with our expert podiatrists and ask if Onyfix might be the right solution for you.
Call us on 0434849933